Rob Maupin and his gang of bushwhackers will thrill & entertain with a hell-raisin', authentic reenactment of a bank robbery and street skirmishes...right in the middle of downtown Lexington.
Complete with horses, period attire & blazing guns, these talented folks will
entertain and recall a time when Missouri was restless and wild. Please note that both the bank robbery and the skirmish will take place on Saturday, June 18 in the 9th & 10th Street blocks in downtown Lexington.
PS - Kids are going to love this event!
June 17 & 18th
The Ultimate Bushwhacker
A Legends of Lexington Event
Join the "Band"! These cool cotton commemorative "T's" will make you an honorary member.
Only $16 including tax sizes M-XL Available now at Lexington Tourism Office, Trails Regional Library
and River Reader Bookstore.
Additional sizing available after June 1st -- XXL- $18.50 including tax, XXXL- $20.00 including tax
These sizes will be available at Lexington Tourism Office and Lexington Regional Trails Library
I'm Intrigued. So What's Going
Mayhem on Main Street - Friday night, June 17
• Participating Downtown Merchants open until 7:00pm
• Reenactor encampment at 12th & Main - Open for visitors of all ages -
Meet the reenactors and see a recreation of a Bushwhacker camp!
• 7:00 pm (sign up at 6:30)- Stick horse races for kids, sponsored by Kleinschmidts Western Store! Bank Midwest East Parking Lot. Free cowboy hat and badge for the first 25 entries. Prizes for race winners, 1st place - One Combo ticket Worlds of Fun/ Oceans of Fun! • 2nd Place - 2 tickets to B&B theaters • 3rd place - $10 McDonald's gift certificate.
• BBQ by Uncle Bo’s on Main Street near the encampment, 12th & Main
Mayhem on Main Street - Saturday, June 18
• 7:00 – 10:00 am VFW breakfast
• 7:30 am – 5K Cannonball Run – Sponsored by Habitat for Humanity
• BBQ by Uncle Bo’s at 927 Main Street in front of the Tourism office
• 11:00 am – Bushwhacker bank robbery at 1012 Main Street
• 12 noon – 2:00 pm - Live Music: The Mathews Band - Bluegrass music
• 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Mercantile on Main open – 1110 Main Street
Vendor booths & The Traveling Button Museum; "The Button Lady will give a presentation at 3:00pm
• 12:30 pm – Larry Wood, Author event at River Reader Bookstore - Larry Wood will discuss his new book,”Bushwhacker Belles”: Stories about the women behind the Bushwhackers
• Bushwhacker Skirmishes 9th & 10th blocks of Main Street – 2:00 pm
• Meet the Bushwhackers on Main - Reenactors will roam & mingle throughout downtown following the skirmishes
• 2:00pm – 4:00 pm - Live Music: Back Trax
Traveling to Lexington from Kansas City?
Plan your day around a short and beautiful scenic drive along Highway 24. Stop by one of six nearby wineries, find fresh fruit & veggies at roadside stands or visit historic sites and venues along the way. There's plenty to see and do on your way to Lexington!
Bushwhackers on Main,
we've produced a
special edition of
The Lexington Weekly Intelligencer, with
detailed info about events
of the day, sponsors, local businesses plus a printed Schedule of Events so you can plan your day with the Bushwhackers. Find this Special Edition at downtown businesses NOW!
Spend Some Time with Us! Learn More About
Follow these links to our main site...find out more about fun stuff to do in and around town.
Historic Sites & Venues
It's almost Peach Harvest time in Lafayette County!
To celebrate, come join us for 'Porches & Peaches', a unique new way to savor the season's bounty. You'll find historical talks, music and more around porches throughout town. Get acquainted with some of Lexington's most stunning historic homes. More details and schedule to follow as information becomes available.
Porches & Peaches - July 16
Lexington Tourism thanks the following for sponsoring our Mayhem:
© 2016 Lexington Tourism Bureau